Gosh, I guess this is where I begin.
I'm new to this today. I was inspired by a magazine that I picked up today called Artful Blogging. WOW, is all I can say. Without sounding like a complete cliche, I would just like to add that I thought I was alone! Obviously not.
I have always been blessed with a creative mind. Never very analytical or even practical at times, to be sure. I have also been blessed with an over production of ideas. If only I had a million years to live so that I could persue everyone one of them!
What usually happens to me, and I know I'm not alone, is that I jump from project to project. I bore easily. I can't help it! I paint, write, craft, design, and take pictures in tandem. I can barely finish what I'm doing before I have some great idea to do this other thing. Reading Artful Blogging magazine proved to me that I am among the very gifted! I read from cover to cover all the stories of artist after artist who, like myself, has so many ideas and creative inspirations that they had to purge them somewhere, in this case, a blog.
I was blown away! That's what I'll do! I kick myself for not finding out about this sooner. Why had it never occured to me to blog about it? To create a record of all this stuff that is jam-packed in my head?!
Once, I tried to put all my ideas and journals of designs and sketchbooks in a box so that I had a place for everything. Soon that box became an overflowing mess that my wife begged me to get rid of. In my disgust, I did. So that idea didn't work for me. Since then, I have been just bouncing ideas off my wife! I love her but her mind just doesn't think the way mine does so sometimes it is a bit frustrating to her and to me to try to explain what I'm thinking about. I usually have to draw her a diagram of it so that she at least has some point of reference. I'm pretty sure after all these years it goes in one ear and out the other as she nods her head in feigned interest.
This is my saviour!
Now I'm going to need help too. I need a support system and believe me when I tell you, I will give in return. For years I have been a stay at home mom, waiting for the kids to be old enough to get a life of my own. In the meantime, practicing my art, honing my self taught skills and aspiring to one day live all of it. That time is now for me. I believe I have something to share and a point of view but living it out and putting it out there is a huge step.
My wife and I just recently moved here to Savannah, Ga. because we simply fell in love with this beautiful city. It is a huge artistic community and I want to break into it. I'm taking steps in the right direction as I have befriended other artists and designers but I have to get up the confidence to get out there. It's hard when you've been doing it alone for years...with only your family to see it. Can family really be objective?
This is a huge outlet for me to track my work, journal it, and get the feedback from others that I need! Thank you for reading and I hope you will subscribe to my blog and let me know what you think!

No comments:
Post a Comment